Wednesday 4 September 2013

Postprocess and ... monitor

Well I didn't know for quite log time how important is to postprocess your photos on good display until I switched from better one to worst possible. From that moment any photo I tried to edit look tragically bad. I'm talking about most common TN displays that are usually added to cheaper laptops (if you don't care too much about display quality).
This is how page with one color might look on TN display

If you have a TN display and are in doubts too - please check this page. I though that "wide angle view" is not so important, but even if I look straight at screen - I have different color at top than on bottom. I could not find a place where color look equally right on screen! Not talking about contrast, or color coverage...

Right now i'm a happy customer of a Dell U2410 monitor and results already are so much better that... I can't describe it - if you still trying any post-process on TN display... invest into some better monitor as soon as possible. It makes huge difference, believe me. I also hear this tip quite often from other photographers, so I guess it's not about my personal feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment